Wednesday, January 16, 2013

9/10 3698
At riverstation in Bristol they are very aware that the environment needs to be looked after.
They use local and seasonal produce when possible, plant trees, have a apple orchard, make all there own breads, chutneys and preserves and have just got a bee hive! So when I was asked to think of table centres for a wedding couple, my immediate response was plants! When this was turned down as they really wanted flowers... I started to think instead of me going out to buy vases what containers did riverstation have? Tin cans! The kitchen staff thought I was crazy!... How could I possibly turn a tomato tin in to something good enough for a wedding... Well I did and here is how I did it...
I collected as many different sized tins as I could, including tea tins and bottles...
I then covered them in old wrapping paper and used spray mount to stick them on. I often seem to accumulate a lot of ribbon in my job, so I dug some out and wrapped this around also..



Dun..ah...the finished product!



And on the tables for the day..




Flowers by Edward Allen

Since, I have discovered a few people using cans for flowers and food but these must be my favorite to date!


From Hostess with the mostessHappy recycling..
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog