Friday, May 17, 2013

A moment of silence

9/10 3698

Honestly, I don't know how to write about the Newtown tragedy. The devastating news coverage is extensive, and I have nothing enlightening to add to the conversation. But my thoughts have been consumed by those sweet children, teachers and families, as I'm sure yours have been.

Each night this weekend, as I put Toby to bed, he felt very real and tactile to me, almost like I couldn't believe he was actually there. As I stroked his warm forehead and soft wispy hair, I felt anxious and lucky at the same time; those quiet moments were a gift.

Here are a few ways to help support the families of Newtown, and you can also write a letter of love and support to the school and parents.

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Newtown, CT 06482

Today let's have a moment of silence. I'll be turning off the comments on this post, and sending love to everyone. xoxo

(Photos from the Associated Press)
Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog